The Christmas season is traditionally the most important for the annual figures of the Jumbo Group. Immediately after its conclusion, the Group's management informs its associates- shareholders regarding the performance of the sales for the first six months period.
Due to the improved performance of the stores in Greece during the second quarter of the current financial year (October- December), total turnover of the Group for the period of July 2018 to December 2018 increased by +7,6% y-o-y at EUR 476,7 million (from EUR 442,9 million at the respective period last year).
Consequently, during the first half of the financial year 2018/2019:
- Total net sales of the Parent company (excluding intragroup sales), recorded an increase of approximately 2,9% y-o-y, with the stores’ sales in Greece to be increased by approximately 1% y-o-y
- Sales of the stores in Cyprus increased by approximately 2% y-o-y
- Sales of the stores in Bulgaria increased by approximately 9% y-o-y
- While in Romania, the growth rate was greater than 30%
Since July 2018, the Group has opened two new stores in Romania.
- The first opened in Bucharest, at the end of September (approximately of 13.600 sqm),
- The second, a privately owned store in Bacau (approximately 12.900 sqm) opened on November 12th.
As a result, Jumbo operates today 77 stores, 51 of which are located in Greece, 5 in Cyprus, 9 in Bulgaria and 12 in Romania. The Group also operates its online store www.e-jumbo.gr.
The Company has also a presence through partnerships in five countries with stores that operate under Jumbo brand name (FYROM, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia and Bosnia).
In April 2019, one more owned store is expected to open in Romania at the city of Braila (approximately of 12.000 sqm), while until June 2019 the opening of one more store at Northern Greece has been scheduled.